Hi, blogadoodles! I have a super simple 6-ingredient recipe for you today that is deeeelish.
Salmon Orzo Salad
- 5 oz orzo pasta (dry, before cook)
- Two 6 oz cans no salt added wild Alaskan salmon, drained (e.g., Trader Joe’s no salt added)
- 1.5 cups frozen peas, defrosted and lightly steamed to preserve crunch
- 1/2 cup (or to taste) mayo of choice
- Black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste, optional
- Bring pot of water with pinch of salt to boil; cook orzo pasta to desired firmness; drain and set aside to cool.
- Defrost frozen peas; lightly steam if needed, if not raw and defrosted is fine. Avoid overcooking to preserve crunchiness.
- Drain and chop canned salmon; mix with peas, mayo, black pepper, and sea salt to taste (optional).
Serve room temperature or chill. Makes 4-6 servings
I threw this whole salad together in less than 15 minutes including cook-time for pasta. And it tasted AMAZING! Perfect spring or summer lunch or light dinner packed with healthful omega-3s and protein and deliciousness. It also makes lots of leftovers to enjoy all week long! Yum.
I have lots of (boring) household things to do today, plus a dinner guest coming around 7:00pm. I’m making three new things for dinner, but you’ll have to wait until my update to see what they are and if they were successful!
In the meantime, these might be new-to-you:
- Quorn, Broccoli, and Cheddar BBQ Pizza
- Taco Salad in Homemade Tortilla Shell Bowl
- Cheezy Quinoa
- Deli-style Club Sandwich
- Sloppy Josephines: Vegan Sloppy Joes
- Smoussie: Avocado smoothie turns into creamy mousse!
- Chickpea No-Meat Meatballs
- Grain-free, low-carb Big Mac® knockoff burger and fries
- Grain-free, Gluten-free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Enjoy the day! Be back later!!