I don’t know why these Peeps are in purgatory; they weren’t bad, they were quite good!
We bought this hot chocolate mix at Nature’s Pantry last fall and finally decided it was time to try it being we have a plethora of marshmallow Peeps for Easter.
I borrowed this idea from my grandmother. Remember the other day in my Peeps S’mores post how I mentioned that she puts Peeps in coffee?
I think putting them in hot chocolate sounded even better!!
It was so good! Dustin liked it, too. They tasted just like regular marshmallows, only more colorful.
I made a batch of deviled eggs the day before. Dustin loves deviled eggs, so I try to make them every now and then, but not often enough that he gets tired of them.
I used the plastic sandwich baggie piping trick to fill them. My first time doing it, so they don’t look exactly perfect, but they’re tasty and that’s what matters most.
Perfectly Hard-Boiled Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 quarts water
- 36g mayo of choice (Hellmann’s recommended)
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow mustard or to taste
- Pinch of sea salt or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper or to taste
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Place eggs in pot with water; bring to boil, cover, and shut off heat. Let sit for 12 minutes, then remove from heat and run under cold water immediately.
- Crack and peel shells off of eggs; rinse under cold water; set in bowl lined with paper towel to dry
- Carefully slice eggs in half, pop yolks out into separate bowl.
- Mash and mix egg yolks with mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper until yolks are creamy and lump-free.
- Optional: Add yolk filling to plastic baggie, cut tip off of corner to make a makeshift piping bag
- Evenly fill yolk filling in egg whites
- Sprinkle filled eggs with paprika
- Chill in fridge before eating or serve room temperature
Makes 12 deviled egg halves
Note: For easy peeling, don’t use fresh eggs. Use eggs at least 7-10 days old. The shell will come off much easier.
They came out SO GOOD despite my eggs being too fresh, making them hard to peel. I nearly took half of the egg white off with each peel. It was driving me nuts, lol. But it ended well, thankfully.
I have an update from last night’s birthday party, but right now I need to go buy the rest of our Easter dinner before it gets too late! The weather is nasty today, all night for that matter. I let our kitty, China, inside last night and when I opened the door snow and sleet or freezing rain was coming down with a layer already on the front steps! It’s almost May… geez. Still not complaining, though! I can wait indefinitely for 90 degrees F and 100% humidity, LOL.
Alright, going shopping now. Hope there’s fresh asparagus left!