One of the best lunches of the year! And to think I had this lump crab meat sitting in the fridge for so long. Tsk, tsk! This is so delicious and SO easy to make—only 5 ingredients! Make this now, thank me later.
Lump Crab Meat Lettuce Cups
(Low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free)
6-8 oz lump crab meat (use real crab, not imitation!)
2-3 TBSP mayo
6 Boston lettuce leaves
3 slices cooked bacon
Look at this gorgeous 1-lb can of lump crab meat. *drools*
Try not to eat too much of the crab meat before you can make the salad like I did.
1. Gently break up lump crab meat with fork, leaving large lumps (don’t shred too finely) and mix with 2-3 TBSP mayo. Do not use too much mayo! You want to taste the flavor and texture of the crab, not just mayo soup. Add salt and pepper if you like and mix together–I didn’t add any.
2. Wash your lettuce leaves; pat dry.
3. Cook your bacon or use pre-cooked bacon like I did and warm it in the microwave. Pat grease with paper towel; Cut strips in half.
4. Slice your avocado slices; I prefer thin slices for this delicate lettuce wrap.
5. Place 1 bacon strip and avocado slices in lettuce leaf; place small scoop of crab meat salad atop bacon and avocado in lettuce leaves.
Take 300 pics for blog update. Dig in!
Makes 6 lettuce cups
If this is what low-carb eating is like, SIGN ME UP! My goodness, these were SO GOOD! The bacon really makes it pop, so I highly suggest using it. Yum!
I bought that can of lump crab meat at Shop Rite a few months ago (it expires next year) on sale for $12.50! It was half price. I wish I bought more. It’s so delicious. I saved half of the can for Dustin to munch on. I’m going to melt some ghee for him to dip it into. I think it’s going to become a staple. It’s pricey, but worth it. There’s so many uses for it, but light buttery lettuce wraps seemed like the perfect Springtime lunch, and I was right. It was perfect.
I haven’t gotten started on the gluten-free pizza crust yet. It might have to wait until tomorrow. I’m losing sunlight and it I’m still pretty full from this late afternoon lunch. But it won’t be forgotten! I’m on a mission now.
Question: Shellfish, yay or nay? I say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!