What’s Up Wednesdays: My new series dedicated to what’s up in my world.
Ya dig? Right on. Let’s get started.
1. I have grown very fond of arts and craft supplies stores like A.C. Moore, Michael’s, and Joanne Fabrics; I feel like a kid in a candy shop when I’m in one. We went to A.C. Moore on Monday night and I decided that I’d like to have an arts and crafts room in our future home. What will I make? I’m not sure, a little of everything perhaps. My creative side surfaced the other night and we [my inner artist and I] decided that we need to indulge the idea and squeeze our artistic juices more often. lulz
2. Dustin is on board with my newest interests, but then again we both have pretty inventive dispositions; He’s a software engineer that spends a lot of his thoughts on innovation, I dabble in web development and cook and bake and write and dedicate much of my time to hacking life.
Dustin’s craft project of the day: More stencils for Ron Paul sign-making
3. Every. time. we go out somewhere someone compliments Dustin on his hair:
Last week a teenage girl standing behind us at Starbucks asked him if she could touch it. Out of nowhere she just blurts out: “CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR?!” Dustin is an introvert through and through, so naturally he’s pretty rigid when he’s caught off guard. He replies, “That’s kind of weird.” LULZ again.
4. When his hair is not done, it looks like this:
Which makes people we come into contact with regularly also comment about it not being done that day. I think Dustin is going to get a complex, or develop a super ego. He already has an EGO, but I mean a SUPER ego.
5. I assembled Easter baskets to send to our nieces and nephews in Ohio:
I love reusing boxes and shipping bubbles from Amazon.com deliveries. Saves time and $$$. The USPS charged $18 to send this box Priority mail with guaranteed delivery by Saturday. Not bad. It weighed 10.5 lbs.
I used to LOVE getting Easter baskets with candy and toys in them. My aunts and uncles and grandmothers were always generous on holidays, so I like to continue that tradition.
6. I bought this hyacinth the other day, but it’s having droopy problems:
I LOVE the smell of hyacinths! We sold hundreds of them in our farm market at Eastertime when I was growing up. The pleasant scent reminiscent of spring brings me back to those happy days.
A few twigs and twisty ties to prop it up…
…and we’re back in business! I hope to plant it soon.
7. I tried Zico dark chocolate coconut water the other day and OMG, it’s AMAZING! It tastes like Yoo-hoo, only delicious AND nutritious, and dairy-free. SO GOOD.
I ordered a case of it on Amazon. It’s THAT good.
It’s loaded with electrolytes yet pretty light in calories for something that tastes so heavenly.
8. I may have also added this pink Cuisinart hand mixer to my shopping cart.
It was 45% off with high star reviews, how could I resist? Our old one is like 10 years old and pretty raggedy. It was time for a new one.
9. I just enjoyed a cup of green tea with Manuka honey. I hope it doesn’t negatively affect my sleep.
10. Have a bunch of marshmallow Peeps? Why not make Peeps S’mores?
Be careful, that they’re actually marshmallow Peeps, though!