Day 3 of my restrictive “bland” diet: No noticeable improvements to report. But it’s not so terrible. Intermittent fasting helps in another way: After 16-18 hours, just about any food sounds appetizing!
Bring on the bland.
Actually I’m defying the monotony of a bland food diet by letting my creativity flow. I’m still keeping tastiness in business.
Being I’m avoiding tea and coffee, I decided to include 3-4 seltzers a week. Carbonated water is naturally calorie-free, as is stevia. To make things a little more interesting and to cushion the bland a little, I treated my taste buds to a homemade diet cream soda with only two little ingredients!
- 12 oz unflavored seltzer
- 2 half dropperfuls NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia (or to taste)
Stir together and enjoy!
There are negligible calories in the vanilla flavoring and vegetable glycerine found in the liquid stevia. But you’ll burn those insignificant darlings stirring this together.
Tastes just like a cream soda and you won’t miss the funky artificial coloring and sweeteners or preservatives one bit.
I received the saliva test kit in the mail from my new doctor to do a complete hormone panel. She suggested I do it between days 19-21 in my cycle. And then it will take about a week to get the results. I’m really curious about the results! I hope they produce some clues.
I haven’t been photographing it, but these are some of the gluten-free, dairy-free foods I have been eating the past few days:
- Trader Joe’s no salt added tuna with Vegenaise on lightly salted plain rice cakes
- Roasted chicken (no skin); sweet potato w/ a teaspoon of soy-free earth balance buttery stuff and dollop of dairy-free sour cream (no skin)
- Quinoa cranberry salad
- Freshly squeezed carrot + apple juice
- Zico dark chocolate coconut water
- Vegetable stock
- Boiled purple baby potatoes with pink Himalayan salt (no skin)
- Couple of Pamela’s chocolate chip cookies
- Plain rice cakes
I think bland is subjective though. What tastes good to me might be bland or intense to someone else.
I’m going to be doing some bulk shopping at BJ’s today. Cart-ful-o-rice-cakes, YAY! lol
PS. There’s still time to enter my Tropical Traditions virgin coconut oil giveaway! Contest ends at 12:01 AM August 8 – today’s your last chance! 18 options to enter. Hurry before it’s too late!