1. I was wondering why our office smelled like a stale lunchbox when it dawned on me that perhaps Dustin was throwing his breakfast banana peels out in the office garbage. When confronted about this, guilt quickly flooded his eyes and without a word or any hesitation, the code monkey arose from his programming trance and changed the garbage. Bananas are now banned from the office.
2. I had blood work done last Monday and I’m glad I made an appointment (online) because it seems people often just show up without one and the wait can be very long according to the conversations overheard in the waiting room. I felt like a rock star only waiting 5 minutes before being called. I haven’t gotten the test results back yet, I’m waiting to hear from the doctor. Hopefully soon!
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and Paleo-friendly. I have a second recipe using them coming up soon. After I make it.
4. When Dustin’s sister and her husband were visiting us a few weeks ago, the kitties weren’t too thrilled about it. They have an irrational fear of all outsiders that come into the house and will hide until they leave. Tanner hid out in Dustin’s bathroom shower, dodging the alleged human beasts that invaded the nest. She thought they resembled ALF, I guess.
Dustin was in there comforting her, and of course Caesar never wants to miss out on a love-fest.
This is a typical scene in our house.
5. Yep. Dustin does have the smallest bathroom in the house—by choice. He always picks tiny bathrooms in our homes that I call cubbies. I learned tonight that there’s actually a scientific term for this called claustrophilia.
Definition of CLAUSTROPHILIA
an abnormal desire for confinement in an enclosed space
Cats have similar behavior. Dustin obviously has cat envy. And who wouldn’t? They are quite the feline bon vivants around here!
6. I’m with my friend TMOT on this one:
7. I want a new drug like Huey Lewis. I’m having drug TV program withdrawals. With the series finale of Weeds last week and the season finale of Breaking Bad the week before that, I don’t know what to do with my virtual-feigning-self on Sunday nights! I’m so saddened by these illicit druggie entertainment deficits. They’re my two favorite shows ever, narrowly beating out The Sopranos in my top three. Quick, Hollywood writers, script a bath salts drama with lovable antiheroes for cable TV!
8. I saw a commercial for the countdown to Christmas on Hallmark the other day when it was technically still summer. I’m not ready for this.
9. If you follow me on Facebook, you probably have seen me share these this week:
Awesome. I hate when I find bones in my bananas, don’t you?
Aww, too cute to eat!