1. Are you and I friends on Facebook? If not, you’re missing out on some of my favorite picture shares! Like this one:
And this one:
And this one:
I can relate to this one… every day:
Follow me on Facebook for more!
2. I hate cracking eggs open. It’s my most dreaded food preparation task. I’d rather babysit a risotto or meticulously wash the sand out of mollusks than crack an egg. And I use them for practically everything, so you’d think I’d be good at it by now. Nope.
I have this gadget that (supposedly) cracks them effortlessly, but I haven’t tried it yet. Why? I don’t know. Just haven’t gotten around to it.
3. Another dreaded task: Opening the battery flap on my Canon Rebel camera. It doesn’t want to open! I fight it tooth-and-nail—literally—every single time. I get so frustrated that I ask Dustin to do it for me, and of course he flings it open on the first try, no problems whatsoever.
4. I went to the eye doctor last Thursday and got a RX for contacts!
My eye doctor isn’t a fan of contacts, but reluctantly gave me the RX. The good news is that I don’t have amblyopia, I actually have a stigmatism. And my vision isn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was considering both eyes are on the low end of the scale; one is –1.75 and the other is +2.25.
They gave me a trial pair until my RX comes in and I absolutely LOVE them! They feel a little weird, but I’m sure I’ll adjust. I’ve only worn them once since then, but they are so, so, SO much better than my glasses.
5. We bought a hula hoop for Caesar. Every night, after his last walk, Dustin does a training session with him. He tries to teach him new things all the time, and he usually catches on, but the hula hoop… noop. He walks around it to retrieve the treat instead of going through it, lol.
He says, “I’m NOT going through that wormhole!”
He’d rather get belly rubs and lick, lick, lick. He licks EVERYTHING. Perpetually. Us, the floor, Kitty Mongo, blankets, his toys—anything.
Kitty China… he couldn’t care less about learning tricks and giving kisses.
6. I bought a wood island cart on Amazon to use for blog food photos. Sometimes a blogger has to chase sunlight. I’d rather do it on wheels.
Dustin assembled it for me. Now, hopefully it doesn’t scratch the floor.
It has a knife holder and a towel rack, but I’m going to pimp it out a bit more to make it even more blogger-centric.
I don’t know where to store it yet. Right now it’s just sitting there chillin’.
7. Dustin restarted a running/walking routine early this morning before the sun came up.
He said it was great and found it to be very inspirational. He found inspiration in what exactly? I’m not even going to go there right now. I’m going to join him tomorrow morning.
8. While he was out, I stayed in and watched the sun come up over the Hudson River…
9. Because I like odd numbers.