1. A batch of cheesy Chebe bread mix rolls just came out of the oven:
This is the first time I’ve made them with added cheese. I used 3 oz Kerrygold Dubliner, shredded, as the directions call for. They didn’t rise as much as previous batches I have made, but the taste is outstanding! They taste like a squishy Cheez-It cracker. Delish!
These are gluten-free and grain-free Chebe bread mix. One of the easiest boxed mixes I have ever used. Love it!
2. I haven’t been cooking or blogging much lately. My anemia has taken a toll on my energy levels. So my meals have been ridiculously simple and usually look something like this:
Carrots right out of the storage bag? Classy.
Shrugs. Who needs to do more dishes when you are already tired, amiright?
Thrilling, I know.
3. I’ve added a few new supplements to my daily regimen:
Butter oil – tastes like ghee, only with my vitamins and antioxidants.
Plus, vitamin K, vitamin E, and Vitex (chaste berry). I’m trying to get as many nutrients as I can through diet and supplementation because I need as much as I can get to heal. I just started a new “stack” (daily supplement routine), so I don’t have much to report yet, but I’ll let you know when I have an update.
4. My mom made me this awesome gluten-free apple cake the other day with Better Batter gluten-free flour.
It tasted just like her original wheat version! Dense and loaded with apples. Love <3
5. We went out to dinner with my cousin, Tricia, the other day and she brought me this belated Christmas present!
Best cousin ever? I think so.
6. The kitchen faucet we inherited with our house was on its last limb; loosened to the point that the whole thing turned, button fell off the sprayer, etc. It was definitely past its prime. So I ordered this Delta faucet on Amazon with Touch2O technology:
And Dustin installed it…
…with some help from Caesar and Mongo, of course.
“He’s doing it right, mommy. I checked!”
Dustin didn’t want me to take a pic of him reading the directions.
Apparently he believes he should have come out of the womb knowing how to install a faucet with technology that didn’t exist until decades after he was born. #bigego
An hour (or two) later, it was installed and working like a charm. And I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It’s so fantastic. Hands dirty? No problem, just tap it with your wrist. Hands-free is soo awesome.
7. I’ve been obsessed with water with lemon juice lately. As if it’s the middle of July! I’m such a weirdo. But I’m also loving oranges. I’ve had one every day for weeks. I don’t stray too far from the norm though: Navels and clementines. ‘Tis the season.
8. I typically don’t like lotions and feel they’re usually a waste of money and useless, but Dustin and I have found that Carmex is the greatest lotion EVER! It blends in perfectly, and actually makes your skin soft, but not greasy.
9. Rest in peace, Aaron Swartz, co-founder of Reddit and co-creator of RSS feeds at the age of 14. Because of you, people can subscribe to my RSS feed and I can easily subscribe to others’. Your commitment to freedom of speech, technology for all and accessible information will not be forgotten. I am deeply saddened to live in a country where someone as brilliant and helpful to humanity as you were could be persecuted and prosecuted, faced with 35 years of imprisonment and millions in defense fees for the victimless crime of downloading and sharing data. Shame on you relentless monsters who pushed this person of greatness to their untimely death!