Lentils with Mushrooms and Garlic (recipe starter, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, grain-free)
Lentils with Mushrooms and Garlic -- This is a very versatile recipe because you can turn into thousands of more recipes simply by adding additional spices, seasoning, sauces, and other ingredients.
Ideas: Asian flavorings for a Chinese or Thai stir-fry; taco seasoning for tacos or taco salads; Italian herbs and spices for pasta, salads, casseroles, lasagnas, etc., or add to soup or salad. Mix with BBQ sauce and make a "pulled plant" sandwich. Add mixture to a wrap or even an omelet! The possibilities are endless.
- 4 cups Cooked lentils (if using canned, rinse and drain them well)
- 1/2 large Sweet vidalia onion (sliced thinly)
- 3 large Portabella mushrooms (sliced into thin strips)
- 3 cloves Garlic (cut into thin round slices)
- 2 tablespoons Cooking fat of choice (palm shortening recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt or salt of choice (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper (or to taste)
|Cook lentils if not cooked; or set cooked lentils aside/drain canned ones |
|Add cooking fat to nonstick frying pan; heat on medium. When fat is hot, carefully add in sliced onions, garlic, and mushrooms; saute until softened and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper as desired; stir well. |
|When onions, garlic, and mushrooms are softened, add in cooked lentils and stir together. Heat for 5-6 minutes or until lentils are warmed and incorporated with other components. |