How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are by far my favorite vegetable to roast. If you don’t particularly care for them, roasting them might change your mind! Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in vegetables and gives them a whole new flavor and texture.
I actually prefer them over French fries along side my bacon cheeseburgers!
I’m going to share with you my favorite easy way to make perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 30-50 Brussel sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1-2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil or organic palm shortening
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F;
- In a large bowl, toss cleaned and halved Brussels sprouts in olive oil or oil of choice;
- Line baking sheet with nonstick foil or foil (drizzle some more oil on regular foil);
- In a single layer, place Brussels on foil-lined baking sheet;
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste; garlic powder if you like
- Bake on 425 F degrees for 18-20 minutes or until browned on the bottoms;
- Using oven mitts, take baking sheet out of oven and immediately wrap Brussels in the foil lining as tightly as possible. Let sit for 10-15 minutes as they’ll continue to cook and soften up more.
Makes 4-6 servings (or one greedy one)
As you can see, I love them! I find the cooking method above to be the best for keeping the texture a bit firm, but still soft and sweet.
Some of the foods I enjoy eating them with…
As far as I’m concerned there is no wrong food to eat roasted Brussels sprouts with.
Do you like Brussels sprouts? What is your preferred way to prepare them? Are you a roasted Brussels lover like I am? Tell me all about it.